Role: UX Designer
Reports to: SVP Product Management
Location: Portland, OR
The UX Designer is responsible for the overall user experience and, together with Product Owner (PO), success of the product. The role makes sure that the user-centered approach is followed during every part of the product design life-cycle. It works in tight collaboration with PO when specifying what to build, make sure the output from the engineering team is what was intended and continuously measure success on released solutions.
In this role, you will be the keeper of the design process, making sure our users’ needs are top priority throughout discovery, design, delivery and iteration phases. You assist the PO in making product decision based on qualitative and quantitative user research. You are the key driver in design and continuously validate your assumptions with regular user feedback sessions. The best solutions are never achieved on the first try so experimentation and iteration is core in your problem-solving approach.
Principal Accountabilities and Outputs
- Collaborate with product management to define vision and strategy.
- Sole responsibility for the user experience of Schedaero.
- Work with design for everything from small interface details to large, strategic business initiatives.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to inform your design decisions.
- Assist product team in backlog prioritization and planning, for both product discovery and delivery.
- Iterate and build testable prototypes, (in)validate these through rapid experiments with users and customers.
- Work closely with engineers throughout the implementation stage to ensure a high level of quality in the final product.
- Collaborate with other designers to build a consistent experience across the family of Avinode products.
- Help shape the design culture at Avinode.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, for example as a UI, UX or Product designer.
- Expert in user interface design but also a great design generalist.
- Fluent in best practices and practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles.
- Experience with design for business web applications and enterprise SaaS products.
- The ability to grasp the high level of complexity in the field and turn it into simple, easy-to-use solutions.
- Expert proficiency with design tools and software to produce wireframes, pixel-level specifications, visual assets, and other deliverables. Familiar and comfortable with products like InVision, Sketch, Photoshop, etc.
You will ideally have the following.
- A diverse portfolio of projects that demonstrate your skills in product design
- A passion for validating concepts through research, low and high-fidelity prototyping, and usability testing
- A mindset for design systems and consistent, reusable patterns
- A desire to work in a self-driven environment with short feedback loops
- Experience with establishing design practices within product development. You will be a key part in shaping the way we work with design.
About Avinode Group
Avinode was the first company to move business aviation online, disrupting an entire industry with a technology-first mindset.
Today, we operate a growing suite of applications that 6,000+ air charter professionals use to do their everyday work. We take our role in their businesses seriously and make a point of delivering consistently excellent customer service and unique, ever-improving products.
This level of sophistication doesn’t stop us from having fun, however. We “Noders" enjoy an open and friendly work atmosphere, where a bit of quirky humor is always welcome. With 35 employees in Gothenburg and 30 in Miami and Portland, our flexible and collaborative culture empowers every single person to come forward with new ideas, to make mistakes and initiate dialogue
Avinode is an equal opportunity employer. We are looking for candidates based solely on their qualifications to accomplish assigned work, without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org