Avinode Group was the first company to move business aviation online, disrupting an entire industry with a technology-first mindset.
Today, we operate a growing suite of applications that 6,000+ air charter professionals use to do their everyday work. We take our role in their businesses seriously and make a point of delivering consistently excellent customer service and unique, ever-improving products.
This level of sophistication doesn’t stop us from having fun, however. We “Noders” find it important to enjoy an open and friendly work atmosphere, where a bit of quirky humor is always welcome. With 100 Noders spread between Göteborg, Miami and Portland, our flexible and collaborative culture empowers every single person to come forward with new ideas, to make mistakes and initiate dialogue. Avinode seeks candidates who thrive on exciting assignments and can collaboratively work alongside smart, humorous and dedicated co-workers. Our roots are firmly planted in our core values, which inspire us every day to exceed expectations.
What we are looking for
Avinode is seeking a keen Sr. Accountant with a positive attitude and vibrant personality to work with clients and Sales in the US markets. The ideal candidate will have experience with full cycle bookkeeping, processing accounts receivables and payables, professional customer communications, and business administration experience. This position is located in our Miami office, FL.
Essential job functions
- Responsible for accounts receivables including issuing invoices to customers and ensure payments are received when due
- Audit renewal orders against client contracts for accuracy and alignment with order processed by Sales department
- Review prepaid subscription business model to billing to ensure deferred revenue accuracy
- Review customer accounts and resolve discrepancies with Sales Manager (s) and Director of Finance
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the Director of Finance
- Complete monthly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Review and process intercompany transactions and generate invoices as necessary
- Analyses and reports financial information to the Director of Finance
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to the Director of Finance
- Audit, review and approve expense reports to align with policies
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Manage general ledger and assist month-end/year-end close processes
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (Master’s preferred )
- Minimum of five (5 )years responsible accounting experience including financial statement preparation and reporting, month end closes, general ledger accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP )
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Proven record of keeping deadlines and accurate bookkeeping
- Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of Microsoft CRM and Microsoft Dynamics 365 applications
- High energy, motivated individual with high attention to detail and the ability to multi-task successfully
- Have an aptitude for numbers and problem solving, work well with people and have a very positive work attitude
- Take ownership of his/her job duties and have the ability to work with minimal guidance
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing in English
- Ability to keep client matters strictly confidential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to details
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Sounds like the right fit for you?
Send your application via e-mail email@example.com