Avinode is hiring! We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our downtown Portland software development team. You will work closely with testers, engineers, and product owners in the Portland office, as well as sales, and support staff located in our Gothenburg, Sweden and Miami, Florida offices.
Who are we looking for?
You are the right person for this job if you:
- Bring 3-5 years of experience testing complex web applications. You will work with our flagship product, SchedAero, the charter aviation industry's most popular web application for flight quoting and scheduling. You can help make it even better.
- Can analyze product specifications and write test plans for both manual and automated testing.
- Communicate well. You can build close working relationships with coworkers in multiple time zones and multiple countries; you have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Are a methodical, creative problem solver who can reproduce difficult to describe bugs, and describe difficult to reproduce bugs.
- Have experience using bug tracking software and writing wiki documentation (we use Jira and Confluence).
- Have prior experience with agile software development methods, such as Scrum.
- Have a basic understanding of how the internet and web applications work.
This is why we like it here:
- Interesting products mean interesting projects to work on. Flight management is a tricky business, and we all enjoy the challenge of helping our customers manage their flight schedules, pilot rosters, and aircraft fleets.
- Our products are used around the world – we’re proud of that.
- Business aviation is kind of a glamorous industry, but we’re a casual, laid-back office: we get along well, eat breakfast as a team once a week, eat lunch together frequently, and enjoy an occasional beer and MarioKart tournament.
- We care about the business and the business cares about us: we have a good relationship with management, sales, and support. We’re all in this together.
- We’re small: that means a flat management structure, fewer meetings, and frequent opportunities to impact the software we develop.
- Software is our thing, but so is raising a family, rock climbing, watching baseball, or (insert your thing here). We have lives outside work and we work hard to keep it that way.
Send applications to email@example.com