We are looking for a passionate Product Manager to lead us in building the next generation of features for SchedAero, the charter aviation industry’s most popular web application for flight quoting and scheduling.
- Take on a high-visibility leadership role in defining SchedAero, our flight operations management system for private jet operators.
- Learn in detail how private aviation operations work and become an expert on aviation regulations.
- Clearly communicate with stakeholders across the organization.
- Collaborate with sales, support and marketing to communicate product changes and address customer feedback.
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets your requirements.
- Deliver a Minimum Viable Product by breaking down projects into small releasable functionally with careful and deliberate prioritization.
- Own vision, road mapping, requirements and prioritization.
- Collaborate with UI/UX to design features and write clear and concise requirement.
- Define and track key metrics in Google Analytics, PowerBI and communicate learnings to the rest of the team.
- 10-20% travel to customers, trade shows and inner office.
- Reports to the SVP of Product Management.
- 4+ years of Software Product Management/Product Owner or similar role required.
- Self-motivated, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Data-informed but has deep empathy for the user and sharp product instincts.
- Technically minded, you understand how software is built.
- Aviation experience a huge plus.
- Interesting products mean interesting projects to work on. Flight management is a tricky business, and we all enjoy the challenge of helping our customers manage their flight schedules, pilot rosters, and aircraft fleets.
- Our products are used around the world - we're proud of that. • Business aviation is kind of a glamorous industry, but we're a casual, laid-back office: we get along well, eat breakfast as a team once a week, eat lunch together frequently, play board games at lunch and enjoy an occasional beer and MarioKart tournament.
- We care about the business and the business cares about us: we have a good relationship with management, sales, and support. We're all in this together.
- We're small: that means a flat management structure, fewer meetings, and frequent opportunities to impact the software we develop.
- Software is our thing, but so is raising a family, rock climbing, watching baseball, or (insert your thing here). We have lives outside work and we work hard to keep it that way.
What else should you know?
- This is a full-time, salaried position in our downtown Portland office.
- Employee benefits are 100% paid and include health, prescription, dental, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance. Benefits also include a generous vacation/holiday policy, 401(k), and profit sharing.
Avinode was the first company to move business aviation online, disrupting an entire industry with a technology-first mindset.
Today, we operate a growing suite of applications that 6,000+ air charter professionals use to do their everyday work. We take our role in their businesses seriously and make a point of delivering consistently excellent customer service and unrivaled, ever-improving products.
This level of sophistication doesn’t stop us from having fun, however. We “Noders” find it important to enjoy an open and friendly work atmosphere, where a bit of quirky humor is always welcome. With 35 employees in Gothenburg and 30 in Miami and Portland, our flexible and collaborative culture empowers every single person to come forward with new ideas, to make mistakes and initiate dialogue.
Avinode is an equal opportunity employer. We are looking for candidates based solely on their qualifications to accomplish assigned work, without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability.
Sounds like the right fit for you?
Send your application via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org