Avinode operates a wholesale member marketplace for ad hoc air charter.
Membership is available to:
- Aircraft & Helicopter Operators, selling aircraft charter that are holding a current and valid Aircraft Operating Certificate or Part 135 Certificate issued by their national authority.
- Brokers or Professional Buyers, acting on behalf of an end client, either a corporation or an individual, to charter an aircraft or helicopter. Brokers are generally not licensed and so Avinode uses a number of criteria to determine whether a company is allowed into the Avinode Marketplace.
- Marketing Agents, selling aircraft charter on behalf of Aircraft & Helicopter Operators on an exclusive marketing basis.
Criteria include that the company:
- transacts business operators providing legal charter flights;
- purchases charter on behalf of third parties;
- demonstrates that charter is a significant and public component of the company's overall business;
- has a professional understanding of the air charter industry, ideally is a member of a recognized charter industry body such as BACA or ACANA;
- complies with all relevant national and international laws, rules and regulations;
- is not be trading under administration or bankruptcy; and
- possess a valid business registration in the country that it operates from.